Gourdon Harbour was built in 1820.
The earlier harbour was cramped holding only 8 boats.
The harbour has a sheltered inner basin protected by storm gates. Halfway up the hill there is a small lighthouse. There is still a small fleet of trawlers operating from the port. The east breakwater was built in 1958 and the west breakwater built in 1970