File No 16 Aspect Ratio 2000x338


The foundations for the modern facility were put in place by the Duff family and James, Second Earl of Fife. Construction commenced in the 1770’s with the first basin created in 1783. By 1791 there were two basins, east and west, the latter remaining in place as it is today. The harbour remained in the ownership of the Duff family until 1898 when it was transferred to Macduff Town Council.